Tuesday, October 30, 2007

List of stuff and things

Ever since I arrived in Guatemala, I have been making a mental list of funny, weird, unusual, or excessive things. Here are a few of said things...
  • Shotgun toting guards at the entrances of stores (some places even have a guard tower)
  • Speed bumps in the highway
  • The number of people that cram into and onto buses (today I saw 5 guys hanging out the door and on the front bumper of one bus)
  • Loud noises (fireworks every day, horns, buses, etc.)
  • Pollution
  • Having 4 people do the job of what one person would normally do
  • Beer samples at the grocery store (can't pass that one up)
  • Banana splits...everyone gets them

10 comments:

Me said...

btown. i love the picture of you posted in the top right. it makes me giddy with happyness just looking at it. like a little school girl. love, jibbidy

Brian, Brain, B-town, Ginger, Mississippi Jim, etc. said...

I'm honored I can make you giddy like a little school girl. I felt the same way in the picture.

Matto said...

WTF? banana splits? I've never had one. I'm adding it to my life's to do list, right under wearing more hats made of newspaper.

Brian, Brain, B-town, Ginger, Mississippi Jim, etc. said...

I thought you hated banana splits?

Me said...

matthew, YOU HATE BANNANA SPLITS?????? WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!!

Matto said...

I don't know if I hate them. I've never had one of the bastards. They don't look that good, but I feel like one should eat a banana split at least once in one's life. I almost made a newspaper hat last night, but I couldn't figure it out. I'll try tonight so I can cross that off my list. Banana splits are under newspaper hats...

Matto said...

I'm curious Jasper, does something about me just scream "this guy loves banana splits?" I hope it does even though I've never had one.

Brian, Brain, B-town, Ginger, Mississippi Jim, etc. said...

I also tried to make a paper hat last week but couldn't remember how.

Nancy said...

I made a hat out of a napkin. It looked like a samurai hat. I might have to try one of the banana splits myself....

Marion said...

He's sitting on top (bottom) of the world!" M Patterson